Marketing partnerships and event sponsorships are effective marketing tools. The first refers to linking two or more different non-competing brands for marketing purposes. The second refers to brands that become supporters of charities, sporting events, trade shows, etc. We highly recommend both options because they are cost-effective and – when implemented correctly- provide outstanding results. When S&R designs and implements such strategies for our clients, the efforts generate all or o most of the following (depending on the clients’ needs):
- Exposure to new consumers
- Partnerships with brands that are prestigious and important to
the target market
- Positive brand association
- Data collection and lead generation
- Increased brand awareness and enhanced image
- Added value to customers
- Exposure in the media
We rely on our networks and those of our clients to carefully seek-out and evaluate opportunities that will provide the best return on investment. When searching for the best opportunity for your brand it is important to know who the target market is and how you want to reach them. Some organizations are better set-up than others to provide the right value. Annual events and sports organizations often have an established framework within which they work with partners and sponsors. Others, who have access to your target market, may not have previously provided the service your company requires or are simply less efficient. Therefore it is important for the marketer to be involved through every step of the campaign.
Partnership and Sponsorship Marketing initiatives Sinclair and Ruiz has coordinated on behalf of our clients include:
- In-kind sponsorships for charity tournaments, cultural and business events. Benefits include brand exposure in printed materials; value added advertising; spoken acknowledgements; speaking opportunities, and activation at the events.
- Coordination and implementation of advertising campaigns between different segments of the tourism industry (destination, country, airline, travel agents).
- Sponsorship and partnership of sporting events and organizations. Benefits include media exposure, brand exposure in printed materials, spoken acknowledgements, speaking opportunities, activation at the events.
These marketing efforts work well for small businesses as well as large organizations. In order to make the most of partnerships and sponsorships, companies should gain exposure through an integrated mix of advertising and PR. As always there should be a consistent message directed towards a clear objective.
Related articles that may be of interest: